miaa LoginEnhancer is a managed plug-in for an Identity Management Platform that works hand-in-hand with the miaa Self-service App. It allows you to implement conditional two-factor authentication and enhanced password policies.
In combination with the miaa SelfService App, the LoginEnhancer can:
- demand the user to renew the password under certain conditions (and disallowing the reuse of passwords). Typical conditions are:
- expiration, i.e. after a fixed period of time
- aging, i.e. after a number of logins
- entropy, i.e. when the password is too weak
- lock-out, i.e. after suspect behaviour
- convert legacy password hashing into a more robust hashing algorithm
- enforce different password policies for different segments of users
- challenge a user with a second factor authentication, such as a sms text message, under certain conditions (step-up authentication)
LoginEnhancer can also alert users in cases of suspect activity, such as too many failed login attempts, and in cases of known phishing attacks.