miaa ProfileSync extends a CIAM platform with outbound API calls. It offers built-for-purpose middleware that calls the API of back-end systems, after being triggered by a web hook or an API call.
miaa ProfileSync enables the synchronisation of the creation and updates of a user profile with a back-end system, in real-time. This back-end system is typically a CRM, a marketing tool, a billing platform, a directory, a campaigning tool, a gamification engine and even an API-enabled proprietary system and a legacy single sign-on system. Examples are SalesForce, Epsilon, Zuora, Microsoft AD, Selligent, Sendinblue, SmartFocus, Qualifio.
miaa ProfileSync applies business rules tailored for your use cases:
- it catches updates from the Identity Management platform
- it fetches the updated profile and converts the data into the conventions of the target platform
- it calls a specific API of the target platform to push the update
- it queues and retries delivery in case of disruptions in the target platform
- it logs abandoned retries for manual processing later on.
miaa ProfileSync also executes periodic clean-ups and periodic transfer of data to back-end systems, such as legacy ERP systems, and platforms for event analysis and business intelligence.
Managed verification and enrichment
miaa ProfileSync enables self-registration of access right claims, for example ‘role’, ‘qualification’ or ‘subscription’. miaa ProfileSync verifies this self-declared claim against a back office process, a back office database or an external service (the “authoritative source”) whether the person should have that role. No more back-office administration and manual forms: only (semi)automated approvals. For example, roles and qualifications could include:
- subscriber versus prospect or visitor
- retail customer versus corporate customer
- authorised dealer versus prospect
- health care professional versus visitor
- authorised technician
- veterinarian, nurse, breeder, hotel staff, shop staff
- employee, subcontractor, agent, associate
miaa ProfileSync performs secure, real-time validation of the claims against a CRM, an internal or external authoritative source and even a workflow. This allows users to administer their roles and subscriptions, while your back-office systems or processes can validate these claims. Alternatively, miaa ProfileSunc can be set up to enrich the user profile with data from your CRM, from an authoritative source of from your Active Directory after a profile has been created or updated.
Offered as managed service
miaa ProfileSyn cis miaa Cloudware. All Personally identifiable information (PII) is persistently stored in the Identity Management platform only andmiaa ProfileSync does not persistently store any PII. Even though PII can temporarily occur in volatile memory, it is not kept in any database of miaa ProfileSync.
The endpoints used by the miaa ProfileSync can be configured by you or your integrator. During the Build phase, we will provide the customisation needed to embed miaa ProfileSync into your environment:
to provide custom logic to call specific API’s of your target systems
to provide custom logic for filtering and conversion rules
to provide custom logic for a tailor-made workflow that processes the results of API calls.
Some of the components are also separately available:
- miaa PushConnector propagates profile updates to back-end applications in real-time. This plug-in has proven to facilitate an identity-centric enterprise architecture and to accelerate the onboarding of any API-enabled back-end platform. Moreover, its retry logic ensures that updates are effectively processed by the target system.
- miaa ProfileValidator enables self-declaration of access right claims, for example ‘role’ or ‘subscription’. It performs secure, real-time validation of the claims against your CRM or an internal or external authoritative source and even a workflow. This allows users to administer their roles while your back-end verifies the user’s claim of such roles such as ‘prospect’, ‘retail customer’, ‘corporate customer’, ‘employee’.
- miaa HouseKeeper executes periodic clean-ups and periodic transfer of data to back-end systems, such as for legacy CRM systems, and platforms for event analysis and business intelligence.