miaa ProfileSync extends a CIAM platform with outbound API calls. It offers built-for-purpose middleware that calls the API of back-end systems, after being triggered by a web hook or an API call.
miaa ProfileSync enables the synchronisation of the creation and updates of a user profile with a back-end system, in real-time. This back-end system is typically a CRM, a marketing tool, a billing platform, a directory, a campaigning tool, a gamification engine and even an API-enabled proprietary system and a legacy single sign-on system. Examples are SalesForce, Epsilon, Zuora, Microsoft AD, Selligent, Sendinblue, SmartFocus, Qualifio.
miaa ProfileSync applies business rules tailored for your use cases:
- it catches updates from the Identity Management platform
- it fetches the updated profile and converts the data into the conventions of the target platform
- it calls a specific API of the target platform to push the update
- it queues and retries delivery in case of disruptions in the target platform
- it logs abandoned retries for manual processing later on.
miaa ProfileSync also executes periodic clean-ups and periodic transfer of data to back-end systems, such as legacy ERP systems, and platforms for event analysis and business intelligence.
Managed verification and enrichment
miaa ProfileSync enables self-registration of access right claims, for example ‘role’, ‘qualification’ or ‘subscription’. miaa ProfileSync verifies this self-declared claim against a back office process, a back office database or an external service (the “authoritative source”) whether the person should have that role. No more back-office administration and manual forms: only (semi)automated approvals. For example, roles and qualifications could include:
- subscriber versus prospect or visitor
- retail customer versus corporate customer
- authorised dealer versus prospect
- health care professional versus visitor
- authorised technician
- veterinarian, nurse, breeder, hotel staff, shop staff
- employee, subcontractor, agent, associate
miaa ProfileSync performs secure, real-time validation of the claims against a CRM, an internal or external authoritative source and even a workflow. This allows users to administer their roles and subscriptions, while your back-office systems or processes can validate these claims. Alternatively, miaa ProfileSunc can be set up to enrich the user profile with data from your CRM, from an authoritative source of from your Active Directory after a profile has been created or updated.