miaa LoginEnhancer is a managed plug-in for an Identity Management Platform that works hand-in-hand with the miaa Widget. It allows you to implement conditional two-factor authentication and to improve the password handling.
In combination with the miaa Widget, the LoginEnhancer can:
- challenge a user with a second factor authentication, such as a sms text message
- require the user to improve the strength of his password
- demand the user to renew his password after a specific condition
- convert passwords that were hashed with a legacy algorithm into a more robust algorithm such as bcrypt
Please refer to On the use of passwords for some use cases.
Note: All Personally identifiable information (PII), including the password, is persistently stored in the Identity Management Platform only and miaa Cloudware does not persistently store any PII. Even though PII and the password can temporarily occur in volatile memory, it is not kept in any database nor any log of the miaa Cloudware.
The miaa LoginEnhancer is designed, set-up and operated using our Taking care managed life-cycle.
During the Build phase, our integration services will:
- Coordinate with web developers, mobile developers, IT, Identity Management Platform vendor and any third-party platform vendor in scope
- Tailor the rules to be adopted by the LoginEnhancer
- Tailor the configuration settings and API endpoints