Versatile profile vetting
The miaa ProfileValidator is miaa Cloudware. It enables self-registration of access right claims, for example ‘role’ or ‘subscription’. It performs secure, real-time validation of the claims against a CRM, an internal or external authoritative source and even a workflow. This allows users to administer their roles and subscriptions, while your back-office systems or processes can validate these claims. For example, roles and qualifications could include:
- subscriber versus prospect or visitor
- retail customer versus corporate customer
- authorised dealer versus prospect
- health care professional versus visitor
- authorised technician
- veterinarian, nurse, breeder, hotel staff, shop staff
- employee, subcontractor, agent, associate
Of course, roles and qualifications can be combined. For example employee who is also a retail customer.
With miaa ProfileValidator, you enable users to claim a ‘role’ themselves. Afterwards, the ProfileValidator verifies with a back office process, a back office database or an external service (the “authoritative source”) whether the person should have that role. No more back-office administration and manual forms: only (semi)automated approvals.
For example: the ProfileValidator can check against your CRM to see whether the user has a subscription or is a known customer. The ProfileValidator can for example check against the IMS OneKey service to see whether the user is a health care professional, or even a medical doctor with a certain specialty. The ProfileValidator can check against your Active Directory to see whether a person is an employee or a registered subcontractor.
The miaa ProfileValidator is designed, set-up and operated using our Taking care managed lifecycle.
During the Build phase, our integration services will:
- Coordinate with IT, Identity Management Platform vendor and the responsible team for the authoritative source(s)
- Tailor the rules to be adopted by the ProfileValidator
- Tailor the configuration settings and API endpoints
We establish and configure key business rules for your use cases, for the ProfileValidator to:
- query an authoritative source about specific attributes, after a profile has been created or updated
- activate a manual verification flow if needed
- manage the state of the validations in the user profile
- follow up pending validations